In order to search for a particular product, please visit our product database.
In electronics, potting is a process of filling a complete electronic assembly with a solid or gelatinous compound for resistance to shocks and vibration and for protection against moisture and corrosive agents.
ELANTAS offers potting solutions in all chemistries, which include silicone, PU, and epoxy.
Key features of the potting systems:
- Un-filled and filled – silicone, EP, and PU
- Variable colours and viscosities
- Wide hardness range: Shore A 30 (highly flexible) -> Shore D 95 (highly rigid)
- Tg range -40 °C to 130 °C
- Thermal class up to 180 °C
- REACH- and RoHS-compliant (special products)
- Flame retardant
- Thermally conductive
- Excellent thermal shock and cycling characteristics
Elan-tron®, Dobeckot®, Dobefil®, Dobeckan®IF, MICAREZ, SHIMOREZ, SHIMOCAST, and SHIMOKOTE.
ELANTAS conformal coatings are suitable for many process methods including select coat, spray, dip, and selective flooding.
ELANTAS conformal coatings provide optimal protection for electronic assemblies against moisture, chemicals, mechanical stress, dust, contaminants, corrosive gases, and other impurities.
Cured film properties include:
- High temperature index (up to +200 °C @ 20,000 h)
- Excellent thin film dielectrics
- Protection against several environmental influences
- Very good chemical resistance
- Excellent PCB adhesion, withstanding several temperature cycles of -40 to +180 °C
Air Drying Resistant Coating
BECTRON® PL4122 BLF is a lead-free coating range based on urethane-alkyd varnish for conformal coatings for printed circuit boards (PCBs) and hybrid circuits. BECTRON® PL4122 BLF products are free of aromatic solvents and meet the latest performance characteristics for electronics, including low pin corrosion and fast curing at oven and room temperatures. Conveyor oven systems permit very short cure times, below ten minutes.
Rapid Process Acrylic Coatings
BECTRON® PL1102 and PL1104 air-dried coating requires 15 minutes at +25 °C to give a good film for moisture and general protection for PCBs and related applications.
Waterborne Conformal Coating
BECTRON® PL6100 is a modified alkyd coating with rapid heat curing or overnight air dry curing that provides the performance of solvent-borne coatings, without using VOCs.
BECTRON® SC7575 is a VOC-free silicone coating with high thermal performance, very fast curing at
+90 °C possible.
BECTRON® SC7576 is a VOC-free silicone conformal coating for thin-layer applications, applied by crosscut nozzle, airless spray system.